Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dazed & Confused

I suppose my brain was as much of a meat eater as my mouth. I find myself still thinking about eating meat, although the cravings for it have not been extreme. This weekend, there was a BBQ fest and it was something I wanted to go to for the last few weeks. For whatever reason, my brain still planned on going! Up until yesterday afternoon, I still planned on attending today. Thank God I did not go. I don't think I am strong enough to resist an entire festival of BBQ quite yet! BBQ is my absolute favorite food "group". Well, it was anyways. I am going to have to figure out how to incorporate BBQ sauce into one of these new veggie recipes... maybe on a portebello mushroom burger or eggplant steak?

The number on the scale is going down.. a little bit anyways. 3.4 pounds so far. For my husband as well. He was so happy to see that number change.. he thanked me for finally deciding to eat healthier! I believe it is helping with my PCOS as well.. its still early but I haven't had my monthly visitor in 4 months & there appears to be traces of her this morning!

Yesterday I made something new, something I had never even heard of! Spaghetti Squash! I tossed it with a little bit of pasta sauce, feta cheese, oregano and black olives. It was fantastic! I had my neighbor try it & she really enjoyed it! Even asked for the recipe for that and the portebello mushroom burger I made her last week. I am excited that someone besides my husband and I are enjoying these new recipes as well.  She does not plan on eliminating meat entirely, but said if eating healthy tastes this good then she has no excuse not to eat better!

Thanks for reading -
xo Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment