Saturday, November 26, 2011

Temptation

Thanksgiving has come and gone with no hiccups. The turkey was not tempting at all and I have an amazing father who went out of his way to ensure there was no meat added to any of the side dishes and even made vegan dishes because he knew we are trying to stay away from dairy. Thanksgiving was delightful! We had such a good time. I was not feeling very well for most of it but it was still a very good day. Played the Wii with the hubby and dad... Glad that dang turkey didn't ruin my vegetarian diet plan.

Funny thing is... I have a turkey sandwich sitting right next to me right now. Its staring at me, yelling out to be eaten. Today at work, my manager bought Bagel Brothers for the store and they brought an amazing spread of sandwiches. I don't even like turkey but for whatever reason this shaved turkey bagel sandwich looks appealing!

**lifesaver**

my sister called me back! (i called her in my moment of weakness... she didn't answer) Perfect timing, Kayla! Thankfully, she gave me the strength to think through the decision and the sandwich is currently sitting {strategically} in the outside trashcan. pheww... that was close!

I sure wish some of you that are reading this can help give me advice on how you overcame your cravings and temptations. My sister is awesome, but she has been a vegetarian since she was 8 so she honestly doesn't remember life with meat. I haven't been to a restaurant since we starting this process but tomorrow we are going to Golden Corral. I am thinking that is a safe enough place for me. The original plan was Red Lobster, but Lord knows I cant handle that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment